Monday, September 26, 2011

It's getting dark early

As a hunter one of the things you really have to watch are the sunrise and sunset times.  In CT legal hunting hours are from 1/2 hour before sunrise to sunset.  I noticed today, when I ran out of time to mow my lawn, that it really has started to get dark much earlier than normal.  A week from last Saturday I was out and "legal hours" ended at 7:00.  Now we're down to sunset being at 6:30.  Once we return to standard time we'll "fall back" another hour and sunset will be closer to 5:30 and slowing rolling back even further until we'll all be getting out of work when its dark.  Kind of depressing, but with the earlier hours comes colder temperatures.  And that means more opportunity for whitetail...and skiing if you're into that.  I guess some conflicts are a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment